Notifications
Clear all

Image on the 128

PalKat
(@palkat)
Member Admin

So over the more recent years Image code has been completed and pieced together to complete Image 2.0 and create Image 3.0.  But what about Image for the c128?  I'm just dreaming here. 😉

Topic starter Posted : 15/03/2021 10:28 pm
Sutehk liked
Bucko
(@bucko)
Member Moderator

Image 128 DID exist in a very rudimentary form, back in I think it was 1991. John Moore (Little John) was working on it. He had a very basic system which he had running in another user of his Lt Kernal HD. One night when I was online he broke into chat to show me what he had going on. Took me out of chat and bumped me into the 128 version. Not sure how he did it or whatnot. It ran pretty well.. He had me into the subs which were substantially faster then the Turbo Rels on the 64 version. Unfortunately, the software died with him. I have no clue what happened to his hardware, it would have been nice to see the work he had done on it..  Kind of reminds me of a few years back getting in touch with Fred Darts Daughter who remembered me from back in the day and I asked her what happened to her fathers hardware I would love to buy it from her. She said they threw it all out a few years before I asked.. My reason for wanting it? THe 1.2 source that Fred had along with the serializer!! Fred had his LTK setup so he had a image file of the BBS unserialized, and he could "burn" a disk with it and the serializer would create like 5 ML's with consecutive numbers.. It would have been nice to get my old serial number back on my 1.2 when I was running it.. But alas that was not going to happen...

Bucko
Wrong Number Famly of BBS'
Wrong Number ][ BBS - wn2.duckdns.org:23 (Mystic BBS)
Wrong Number ]I[ BBS - wn3.duckdns.org:6400 (CNet Amiga BBS)
Wrong Number IV BBS - wn4.duckdns.org:3000 (Image BBS v3.0)
Bucko's Den II - bd2.duckdns.org:6800 (Enigma .5 Linux BBS)
Time Warp BBS - twbbs.ddnsfree.com:6428 (CNet 128 v7.2+)
(Soon to be Bucko's Den bdbbs.duckdns.org:6428) Name change coming in weeks for
Time Warp!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 5:15 pm
PalKat
(@palkat)
Member Admin

@bucko It is great how you have this information and share it so others can be informed on the past & present about these folks. I take it this is included in your text files on your BBS along with the other great memories?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/03/2021 9:29 pm
Bucko
(@bucko)
Member Moderator

@palkat Unfortunately, no it is not written down anywhere other then my responses.. When I drop the memories go with me.. LOL

Bucko
Wrong Number Famly of BBS'
Wrong Number ][ BBS - wn2.duckdns.org:23 (Mystic BBS)
Wrong Number ]I[ BBS - wn3.duckdns.org:6400 (CNet Amiga BBS)
Wrong Number IV BBS - wn4.duckdns.org:3000 (Image BBS v3.0)
Bucko's Den II - bd2.duckdns.org:6800 (Enigma .5 Linux BBS)
Time Warp BBS - twbbs.ddnsfree.com:6428 (CNet 128 v7.2+)
(Soon to be Bucko's Den bdbbs.duckdns.org:6428) Name change coming in weeks for
Time Warp!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2021 7:35 pm
Sutehk
(@sutehk)

I vote for a 128 version as I am going to be using a C128dcr in C64 mode to run mine anyway. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2021 8:09 am
Share: